Spatial data in R: using R as a GIS (new version)
Roughly one year ago, I posted here a tutorial on how to make basic GIS operations in R like importing, analysing, exporting and mapping spatial data, both raster and vectorial (i.e. points, polygons, polylines). The tutorial has proven to be popular, with >10000 visits from 120 countries so far. I finally managed to find some time to update the code and make it more didactic by showing the maps and results produced by each bit of code, thanks to Rmarkdown and knitr. I hope that makes the code easier to follow. The updated code is now stored on GitHub. The old code is still available here.
Click here to see the new tutorial: Spatial data in R: using R as a GIS.
- Making interactive leaflet maps with R
- Spatial data in R: using R as a GIS (old version)
- Free GIS for ecologists, biogeographers and evolutionary biologists
- Comparing different approaches in ecological niche modelling (lumping, splitting, pooling taxa) through computer simulations
- Rgis: streamlining GIS operations in R